image1 image2 image3

HELLO I'M RYAN KOZLOWSKI|WELCOME TO MY WORK PORTFOLIO|I DO CREATIVE PROJECTS IN SPORTS|LEARN MORE BELOW

October 2009: Interview With Norwegian Soccer Magazine JOSIMAR On American Soccer Culture



In October 2009, I was asked by an Editor of Josimar, a top soccer magazine in Norway, to be one of three Major League Soccer fans to participate in an interview for their magazine on American Soccer Culture. If you click on the pic below you can see my image and comments.



I'm guessing they emailed my website because of the popularity of Crewture at the time, and I tried to share my thoughts on the Columbus Crew. They got it right for the most part and it wasn't bad exposure overseas for our group, Columbus Crew, and Major League Soccer.

On the north tribune of a football stadium covered in
black and yellow flags and banners fans chant
the famous Latin-American football cry
"Dale, dale, dale, dale Crew, Dale, dale, dale,
dale Crew, Dale, daleeeee, Dale Crew."
The English-language fans respond in unison with the
chant "Columbus till I
die, Columbus till I die, I know I am, I swear I am,
Columbus till I die." The sensational part about
this is not that both supporter groups, despite
that they sing in different languages, come from the
same country, but that both cheer for the same
team. Columbus Crew from Columbus, Ohio. Welcome
to the American football everyday anno
2009. Ryan Kozlowski, an ardent supporter, tells
that the Spanish-speaking fans call themselves La Turbina
Amarilla, while the English language has taken the name
Hudson Street Hooligans and Columbus Supporters Union. The former
group was founded by immigrants from El Salvador, while
Hudson Street guys, despite the British-inspired
name, to a large extent have Polish and German backgrounds
Ryan also says that they are about three thousand nuclear supporters
collected in Nordecke (German for North Corner)
of The Columbus Crew Stadium who in addition join their chant and banner battle.
The Nordecke has been inspired by supporters from other countries.
"We have imported aspects of
English, Latin-American and Italian ultra-culture
and mixed it all together with a bit of Americana
added for taste. " The result is a lot of noise, color
and smoke.

Share this:

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment